Monday, June 23, 2014

DIY: Book Nook and The Book Challenge.....

 
Bibliophile: a person who collects and has a great love for books.
(Merriam-Webster definition)
 
That definition would describe me for sure.... Ever since I was a little kid I have always loved to read.... Loved going to the library and then go home to curl up in bed and just escape for a few hours.... In College, I spent a lot of time in the library looking through all of the artists bios, philosophy books and so much more......
 
Recently, I decided that I would do the Rory Gilmore Reading List Book Challenge (Buzzfeed).... there are 339 books on this list.....and the mission to have all of these books on hand began....
 
I had a lot of books for the challenge in my collection already and luckily my boyfriend is a Bibliophile, just like me, so he had a few in his collection as well....
 
Friends began handing me some of the books on my list....
 
But, the real adventure came when my boyfriend and I hit the road....
 
First, we went to Memphis in May and while we were there we visited the most awesome New and Used Bookstore:
The people there were amazing, friendly, and very helpful and the store was packed full of books... I spent $120 alone in that store, but I got a lot of books on my list.....
 
 
I've been stalking Goodwill stores and getting some awesome finds and more on my list.....
 
 
Any time my boyfriend and I take a day trip... I always want to hit up any used book stores......
 
 
 
The problem with having all of these books is where do you put them when you live in a 2 story walk up with 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, and a fully furnished living room.....
 
We did some spring cleaning about a month ago and came to the decision to turn one of the 3 walk-in closets, in the bedroom, into a mini library....
 
*First, we measured to see what size shelves that we could get away with....
 
*Next came the search for shelves to fit our space.....
We originally wanted to thrift some shelves, but we couldn't find any around to fit our need....so we caved and went to Walmart and bought 3, 3 shelf bookshelves.... and started stocking away....
 
 
 
Now we have a place to store most of our books and I have a place that I can shut the world out and dive into some awesome books....

*These are the books that I've read so far as part of my challenge....

 

 
 

Currently reading:

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment