Monday, January 7, 2013

Products that I've been using Lately....

Since it's the new year...
I've wanted to take better care of my skin, my hair, my body..."The Usual Types of Girly Resolutions"

I've been using lots of new products lately and these are the ones I'm loving so far...


Meaningful Beauty Introductory Kit:
Skin Softening Cleanser
Glowing Serum
Antioxidant Day Creme
Anti-Aging Night Creme

Now, while I don't have horrible skin problems or wrinkles...I am soon to be 3 years closer to 30 years of age.  I've always moisturized and taken care of my skin, but not as thorough as I would have liked.  I've been using this kit, that I purchased from Sephora, since the day before New Years Eve and I'm pretty much in love with these products.  

The Skin Softening Cleaners is non-foaming and gentle, it's fragrance free and claims to keep my skin's essential oils intact...This cleanser makes my skin feel soft and smooth and doesn't cause that tight feeling that some cleansers can cause.  I use this in the morning and at night after I use my make-up remover.

The Glowing Serum "The Model's Secret"  This contains soy protein, marine botanicals, minerals and antioxidants that are supposed to help nourish, protect and revitalize my complexion and provide a luminous glow.  
I love the way this product smell and feels on my skin.  I've been using this right after I cleanse and before I put on either my day cream or night cream.  It does provide a nice glow to my skin... I have a tendency to have dull, dry skin and this just adds a nice healthy looking glow.

Antioxidant Day Creme:  I've worked in a dermatologist office and the biggest thing that is always recommended is to use daily sun protection.  This product has SPF 20 UVA/UVB and  has an antioxidant complex and botanical blend in it to help hydrate the skin.  
This product feels so good on my skin, it has the smell of sun block, but in combination with the Glowing Serum, it feels amazing.  My skin doesn't feel dry during the day anymore and it makes me feel better to know that it has SPF 20 in it.

Anti-Aging Night Creme:   This is said to have 9 key ingredients that help rejuvenate damaged skin, improve firmness and minimize signs of premature aging.  Basically is repairs your skin while you sleep.
A lot of night creams that I've tried have been really thick and super greasy, but not this one.  It glides on super smooth, I only have to use a few dots of it on my face and when I wake up, my skin feels so soft, still supple, and not dry at all.  I do have some fine lines: expression lines around my mouth and around my eyes...only time will tell if I see any change....But, so far I'm pretty happy with this.



Now, all Fall/Winter I've used a Matte Foundation, to be more specific...Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation, but it's time for a more glowing, radiant foundation.  When I purchased the Meaningful Beauty Kit I received a sample of Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Monte Blanc.  
It's very hard for me to find foundations that truly match my skin tone because while I'm very fair complected  and I have pinky undertones.  Most foundations have either too much yellow or beige in them.  I was swatch tested at Sephora and Monte Blanc is my shade... this product is amazing.  
This foundation, like the Kat Von D Lock-It foundation, is very pigmented, but with a light texture vs. the heavier cream texture of the Lock-It Foundation.  It goes on silky smooth with great coverage and gives a nice glow to the skin.


Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner:

Everyone, I'm sure, has read about how awesome Argan Oil is.  The beauty benefits are pretty amazing.  I have really long hair, that has a tendency to be very dry, especially during the colder months, so I decided that it was time to give these products a go.

The bottle claims:  A unique, precious blend of Moroccan Argan Oil which instantly penetrates the hair shaft restoring shine and softness while strengthening and creating soft seductive, silky perfection.

I'm pretty much in love with this pair of products.... My hair smells amazing, is softer and shiny and it gives my hair more structure between washes.  


To compliment those products I've been using the 100% Pure Argan Oil from Josie Maran.  Now i've been experimenting with this product in all sorts of ways...  I've added it directly on my skin after I've showered, I've mixed it in with my lotions, and I've been using it as a hair treatment, especially at my ends because my hair is Ombre Dyed.  This product is worth the price.  It makes my skin feel smoother and softer, calms the ends of my hair and I can use it alone or blend it with products that I already have.  Love it...

I've also been using supplements and such for hair and body:


I love this supplement!!!  You can get it at GNC, a dermatologist, or health food stores.  I've seen so much new growth with this product it's ridiculous.  I've had so much growth in my hair and nails.  I've been trying to get my eyebrows to grow back in faster and make my hair on my head fuller and this product is just amazing for that.



Renew Life Organic Total Body Cleanse

I use this product at least twice a year.  It's made with Organic Herbs and Flax, Oats, Acacia.  It's a 3 part regimen that you use for two weeks.  You take 5 supplements in the morning and 5 supplements at night and it helps detoxify your system.   I won't go into the details, but just know that it cleanses your system of the toxins and all the bad stuff that has accumulated over the holidays and is a great start before you get into your strict dieting routines, for those that do that sort of thing...I'm pretty horrible at diets...  I see what I like and I just eat it.... but on occasion I want to be a good and healthy person so I use this to start things off...

and the most boring supplement goes to...


Just an average...you can get it at any drugstore... One a Day Women's Vitamin....

All these ingredients combined create beautiful hair, skin, nails, body...etc. 

xoxo
Heather

P.S.  Like my Facebook Page and Follow my Twitter for updates, daily looks, reconstructed awesomeness and more...
 :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment