Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Influenster Holiday VoxBox 2012 Reviews Part 1 & a Happy New Year

What is Influenster?

Influenster [in-floo-uhn-ster]

noun
An exclusive online community where tastemakers and trendsetters (such as yourself) come to share the latest and greatest news, places, products, and reviews with each other. 2. The hotspot you just bookmarked on your web browser that turns your social influence into sweet rewards.
Basically, Influenster is a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences. Active members of Influenster get exclusive access to deals, promotions, and swag from brands that thrive off the input (the good, the bad, and the ugly -- they just want to know what's up). (Influenster.com)

I received my first Influenster VoxBox just before Christmas...a box full of goodies and baddies to try and these are my reviews....




1. Goody® QuikStyle Brush (Paddle or Half Round Styler)

Once again, Goody brings innovation to your hair routine! Go from wet to beautifully styled hair faster than ever! Super absorbent microfiber bristles remove up to 30% of water as you style. It’s like a towel and a brush all in one. (Influenster.com)

First Impressions:
  This product is like a Sham Wow and a paddle brush collided together to create this hybrid designed brush.  I was so excited by it that I used it the first day that I opened my VoxBox.  I was impressed with how much faster my hair dried.

Verdict:
  I had to stop using this product after day 3.  I've always been told by every hair stylist that I've gone to and those that I've read tips from in articles that you should not brush your hair while it is wet.... and they were right.  A few days before using this brush I had just gotten a fresh cut and color and my ends were beautiful, by the third day of using this brush I noticed that my ends were splitting horribly.  Long story short, I would not buy this product nor would I recommend it.


2. NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine

Keep your lips soft as ever with the NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine. Its pure pigment ingredients create a 3-D gloss effect while Vitamin E provides shine and moisture. The non-sticky formula creates the ultimate creamy and soft textured feel. Available in 10 on-trend shades from neutral nudes, to berries & fuschias. (Influenster.com)

First Impressions:
  Love this product.  The scent is a yummy vanilla, the color is beautiful and sheer, and it's non-sticky.

Verdict:
  Love It!!!  I'm usually a lip balm kind of girl because most lip glosses are uncomfortable to me, but I fell for this one.  It super comfortable on my lips, non-sticky and a perfect sheer nude.


3. Quaker® Real Medleys Oatmeal+

Simply the best oatmeal ever – and you can enjoy it on the go! Whole grain oats, rye, barley and wheat are mixed with large chunks of real fruit & nuts in a convenient single-serve cup. Just add hot water or microwave and you can have a delicious breakfast anytime, anywhere. Find Real Medleys in Summer Berry, Apple Walnut, Cherry Pistachio, and Peach Almond.  (Influenster.com)


First Impressions:
  The packaging is super convenient for on the go and the smell is amazing.  I followed the recommended preparation and it tasted amazing.  I love oatmeal in the morning for breakfast and this was a perfect start to my day.  Now, I normally don't like fruit in my oatmeal ( texture thing), but I loved this.  This is totally worth buying and I've already added this to the next grocery list.

Verdict:
  Loved!!!  

3. EBOOST®

EBOOST will boost your mood, focus, and immunity with natural ingredients and no crash. As a shot or an easy-to-mix powder and in four flavors, you’ll feel great whether you choose Orange, Pink Lemonade, Acai Pomegranate, or Super Berry. And with the hustle and bustle of the holidays, you’ll certainly need a boost! (Influenster.com)

First Impressions:
  It reminds me of EmergenC packets.  After it was fully dissolved it tasted really tart and yummy.  Perfect remedy for recovering from a late night and Holiday parties.  I used this after a late night Christmas party before I went into work with my lunch and by the time I got to work I felt amazing.

Verdict:
  Make sure that this is fully dissolved before you drink this or you well get a very concentrated sip that is not kind to your taste buds.  I would totally purchase this.


There are 2 more items that I'm excited to try:

Kiss® Nail Dress

Ultimate nail fashion for tips and toes! Just peel, apply, and shape for a manicure that lasts up to a week. On in minutes, off in seconds without remover. Nail Dress is available in 21 different styles, many of them featuring 3-dimensional jeweled designs. Skip the topcoat, Nail Dress has it built in.(Influenster.com)


Sole Society

Sole Society allows you to discover the latest trends, share your personal style, recommend shoes to friends, and follow the curated collections of top fashion insiders. Inside this box, you’ll find $25 off your first purchase! (Influenster.com)

and I will post about these in part 2.... :o)  

Keep up with my on my Facebook, which you can like on the side of my page or my Twitter: @reconstructista :o)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

The Reconstructionista




No comments:

Post a Comment