Thursday, January 24, 2013

Drug Store Skin Products I Always Have on Hand



I have a skin care obsession.  I've worked in a dermatologist office and what I learned from that is that taking care of your skin is very important, it's the biggest organ that we have.  You have to keep it clean, moisturize it, protect it, exfoliate it, etc.  Skin care is a billion dollar business.  I've talked about a lot of higher end products that I'm using and now I want to share just a few of my go to's for skin in the drugstore.


CLEANSERS:




Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser:
*Mild, non-irritating formula, ideal for face, hands, and body.
*Softens as it cleanses and helps skin to retain moisture.
*Rinses easily and leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and healthy.
*Mild enough to cleanse a baby's delicate skin.
*Non-comedogenic / Fragrance Free
Dermatologist Recommended

This product is amazing.  I love body washes bar soaps like everyone else, but sometimes your skin just needs a break from harsh soaps and fragrances and this is my go to product for that.  Sometimes my skin can become sensitive and this products prevents irritation.  I use it for makeup removal, shaving my legs, and sometimes as a body wash.  You can use it with or without water.  If you wanna know the truth....the Meaningful Beauty cleanser and the Cetaphil Cleanser are basically the same thing.   They have the same ingredients, same texture, same non-foaming product, but without the higher cost.  

You can get this from drugstores, Walmart, etc. usually costing $11.49.  You can usually find coupons for this or good deals at the drugstore.
I usually purchase this product when there is a BOGO deal at CVS because you can get the lotion or the facial moisturizer with it.



Olay Age Defying Classic Cleanser
*Cleanse and renew skins surface to reveal softer, smoother skin instantly.
*Cleanses to reveal softer, fresher, more radiant skin.
*Removes dull, dry skin with gentle micro-beads.

I used the entire Classic Age-Defying line by Olay for a few months and I love this cleanser.  This is my go to  facial cleanser on the go.  I really like this products because it exfoliates while it cleanses.  I like to use this when I don't use a facial scrub because the micro-beads in this are gentle and then the creamy cleanser makes my skin feel so good.  I always have a bottle of this in my shower or next to my sink.

Again, the great thing about this product is that you can get it from the drugstore or Walmart, there are coupons that are always available and every month at CVS they have a BOGO deal on Olay products.



TONER:


THAYER'S Lavender Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner with Aloe Vera
*All natural skin toner derived from an honored Native American formula.
*Alcohol-Free toner for sensitive skin with delicate, soothing, calming natural Lavender water.
* Adds moisture while helping to protect the skin from airborne impurities and is an alternative to drying astringents.
* Witch Hazel tightens pores and smooths to beautify the skin.

I've used a lot of toners over the years and this one is my absolute favorite.  I've used the harsh astringents with alcohol and fragrance in them that leave your skin super tight, dry and smelling like chemicals.  I've also used Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner and I don't recommend that product because if you read the back there is alcohol in it and it dried out my skin more than anything.
This product does exactly what it says it does.  It soothes my skin, moisturizes and it is really gentle.  I like to use this before I put my moisturizer on in the morning and at night.  I always have this product on hand because this isn't just a great toner...you can use it to calm a pesky zit, bug bites, and more.

I've tried a few of the Thayer's Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free toners and I like all of them.  The Rose Witch Hazel is just as awesome as the Lavender.  You can get this product from GNC, and again, they usually have a BOGO deal on these at GNC.  They usually run about $9.95 per bottle.


TREATMENTS:

Gena Tea Tree Oil
*100% Pure Oil of Melaleuca Alternifolia.
*Australia's natural antiseptic.
*For skin, nails & scalp.
*Made in U.S.A.

I'm not going to go into all of the uses of tea tree oil.  You can Google all of that.  Like the Argan Oil that I talked about yesterday, this product is a multipurpose product.  
I don't get zits that often, but when I do I use a dab of this product and it goes away over night.  So if you don't like an embarrassing zit then use this product.  
The other thing about this product is that it goes a long way.  I rarely have to use this product, but it's great to have on hand because of the many uses for it.

I got this product at Walgreens for $7.99


SUNSCREEN:


*Pampers your skin like no ordinary sunscreen!
*The breakthrough dual ribbon formula combines superior protection with luxurious, hydrating silk protein to wrap your skin in continuous moisture and help you maintain luminous skin in the sun.  
*Plus, it's light, tropical fragrance stimulates your senses for a completely captivating in-sun experience!
*Water Resistant(80 minutes) *Light and Non-greasy

The best thing that you can do for your skin is to protect it with sunscreen on a daily basis.  I'm very fair complected, so for me it's not just a suggestion, I NEED IT.  I was outside a lot last year because of outside events and this product became my favorite.  I needed something that didn't smell like regular sunscreen, had a high SPF and kept my skin moisturized and not tacky feeling and this provided what I needed.  It has a great texture, the smell is very beachy ( coconut, fruit, etc.) and has a decent SPF.

You can get this product at drugstores, Walmart and again coupons and BOGO deals.  This product is worth having.  Prices vary.

BODY LOTION:


Olay Ultra Moisture Lotion with Shea Butter
*Locks in moisture for 24 hours
* Olay lotions go beyond moisturization to improve skin's barrier over time.  With continued use, skin becomes noticeably soft, smooth and more resistant to skin dryness.

I bought this product because I use a lot of lotions with different fragrances in them and sometimes I want something light so that I can wear a perfume or a body mist to change things up a bit.  This does have a light fragrance to it, but it fades and doesn't clash with my perfumes and body mists.  I didn't feel like it locked in moisture for 24 hours, but it does make my skin feel really soft and if I'm on a bend where I wear it everyday and night then my skin looks very healthy and glows.

I really like the Olay brand, it's been around for a very long time, it's a trusted brand.  My Mema used all of their products, so I pretty much trust this brand myself.  Affordable, great texture, light fragrance, but again it fades.

I find this lotion more at Walmart, but occasionally you can find it at a drugstore and purchase it in a BOGO deal or with coupons.


These are only a few of my drugstore favorites, but these are the products that I keep on hand the most.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment